I need basic spec info

I can’t make the topic more clear without more space. I have not flown for 20 years. I learned to fly in a Cessna 152 (when they were brand new) and the last thing I flew was a Cessna 172 (my chest hair was still dark). I have been toying with the idea of getting current and buying a plane. I am looking at a Cherokee Six 300. Mooney’s are too expensive and the Cessna line doesn’t appeal to me. So I’m looking around the internet and I am running into problems understanding the specs. What does it mean when they say Estimated Endurance (65%) 20 min? What about TBO hours? Can you recommend a good shopping web site? I know these probably look like ridiculous questions, but, like I said, I’m restarting. I plan on starting this weekend with my first flight in a long, long, time.

I appreciate your response,

Scott

“Time Between Overhaul” and endurance at 65% is the amount of time at that power setting before you run out of gas. The performance charts will give you endurance times for 55, 65, and 75 % power with and without 45 mintues reserve.

Im sure you have been looking at trade a plane.com sometimes you can find what you want on craigslist if your lucky.

good luck and glad the bug bit you again :wink:

Of course! Once it is written it makes perfect sense. Thanks for your help. Is there anything in particular I should look for, or something that should run up a red flag while shopping?

for tbo specs I would just google the specific engine and add tbo to the search.

Aircraft Shopper Online

GlobalPlaneSearch.com