Honduras

I would like to get in touch with anybody with rescent experience flying into Honduras.

Been to Roatan and Tegucigalpa, what can I help you with.

Above or below the radar?

Dude at Roatan they searched my plane for drugs- I told the dude, why would I be bringing drugs FROM the USA to Honduras?

Tegucigalpa is fun

1999, I hope in radar as much as I can.

Thanks for the reply flyboy. It appears I may be flying the boss down there in a few days, for a few days. At this point I do not know much about the trip. Not sure if his business is close to the capitol or more toward the coast. Flying a Cheyenne IIIA. I have not been out of the country in many years so I just do not know much about international flying and was curious about the facilities in Honduras. If I posted my email address could we discuss this by email?

Check your Private messages

They got RADAR? :open_mouth:

CentAmerica

I’ve been helping Ronnie, If anyone knows an English speaking handler in MHLC let me know

I would recommend Universal or ARINC (although I had a bad experience in South America with ARINC.) If he hasn’t been out of the country in a few years, a lot has changed, and it’s worth a few bucks especially if he needs a tech stop for the Cheyenne. With the planners, you don’t worry about who you have to pay off, they do it for you. I would guess it would cost around $2500 for handling\flight planning for that trip. With the current political situation there, I would have to say I would refuse to fly the trip without professional handling. My $.02

The problem with company is you might not get an English speaking handler when you get there.
$2500 is super steep, even with parking for a week. I’ve never paid more then $600 even with political unrest

What service do you use? Do they handle customs as well? Catering crew hotels, etc.?

air Ambulance so all we need is fuel and customs. I don’t remember the name of the company we use but my FO is from Columbia so I don’t care if they speak English or not.
Ronnie doesn’t speak Spanish so he’ll need an English speaking handler

I forgot you did air ambulance exclusively. If Ronnie is going to RON 8) for a week, I would have to strongly suggest a handling company. Some people disagree on this, but it is all to easy to “offend” the wrong person and not get what you need or worse. It is pricey, but worth it.

There’s more adverse things that can happen if you are staying there for a week with a “rich American” versus picking up a critically ill native patient on a stretcher.

I have heard horror stories of people in Central and South America trying to do it on the cheap.

Another continent, but there was a crew just a few weeks ago that flew into an airport in West Africa, and was denied landing permission because they lacked the proper “paperwork.” Upon declaring a fuel emergency and landing, the $10,000 cash was not enough to pay the fine. They spent 2 weeks in jail until a solution was worked out with their company ($$$) and were allowed to depart. The trip was apparently routine, and the company decided not to use a service.

No I agree and I have advised him he needs handling.

That Africa trip sounds about right. My buddy spent a month over there last feb trying to get a GIII back to the states that was “seized”

I think this is a situation where it would be best to fly on a commercial carrier instead of the company plane. Would save some trouble and costs.

As Flyboy has stated we are going to look for an english speaking handler at Goloson. Flying commercial is tough when you live as far back in the sticks as we do. Also the boss has property and “people” down there, it is not a pleasure trip. It has not been settled yet, I was just getting info from Flyboy. He has been a great resource.

Ronnie

Ah, well… best of luck Ronnie.

-Hayden