Height Problem

I recently requested a flightfeeder and it has been approved. I plan to install my radar on the roof of a 16-story building. there are 3 more, 16-storey buildings around me.

descriptive picture:

Do I need an extension post when I place my antenna in this position?

Forgive me if I made a spelling mistake. i am not good at english

The position the antenna is in isn’t bad, but it could be better. It appears that your building is blocking signals from the southeast. If you can raise the antenna that would be great, but it is not a requirement.

1 Like

Simply test it at your location and compare the results to your max range. You can gather this based on your location at http://www.heywhatsthat.com/

If it’s already the max, leave it as it is.

I have my antenna indoor under the roof and in the direction where i achive the best range is our neighbor building. So it’s simply try & error

2 Likes

You can install it on the top of doghouse, where the vertical ladder is in the last of the pics. It looks like there are several sat dishes on the other buildings on that higher roof.
But yeah, I would guess that your horizon view is cleaner than the average install.

1 Like

Thank you for your answers. after some thought I decided to use the mast. this way you will have a clearer viewing angle

Excellent! We appreciate you hosting that FlightFeeder.

1 Like