G-40 Avenger for commuting?

flightaware.com/live/flight/N850WT

Quote taken from this discussion.

Sorry to burst the bubble, but N850WT is a TBM-850 single engine turboprop :slight_smile:

Yeah, I’d say that the FA staff might want to take a look at that one, as those two designators are out of whack.

The ATC 7110.65 APPENDIX A doesn’t even list the G40 Avenger under Grumman…or anywhere else for that matter… But the TBM (TBM-700/850) is correctly listed as TBM7 under Aerospatiale.

Our aircraft code database has 5 different options for code TBM, but they’re all variations on ways to say “Grumman Avenger” which was known as the TBM when produced by General Motors. TBM-700 and -850 pilots should be filing TBM7 and TBM8, and most do.

Out of curiosity, what are the other codes for the Avenger that the FA database has?

code |      mfr       |     type     
------+----------------+--------------
 TBM  | Grumman        | G-40 Avenger
 TBM  | Grumman        | Avenger
 TBM  | GENERAL MOTORS | TBM Avenger
 TBM  | GENERAL MOTORS | Avenger
 TBM  | Grumman        | TBF Avenger

Sorry Mark…I misread your statement. :blush:

Our aircraft code database has 5 different options for code TBM, but they’re all variations on ways to say “Grumman Avenger”…

Clear as mud to me now. :wink:

Interesting though that the 7110.65 doesn’t list it. It show’s the other Grumman types of the era except for the Avenger. http://www.websmileys.com/sm/sad/533.gif

Avenger at 310 knots? :stuck_out_tongue: