Frontend stopped displaying map

The rotating wheel+ settings/menu entries is still better than a blank page. With an empty index.html, even if you fix everything else, you will get a blank page.

What is output of following command now?

cat /usr/share/dump1090-fa/html/index.html 

EDIT

After wget, did you:
(1) reboot Pi?
(2) cleared browser cashe and reload browser?

Looks normal.
So … reading you replacing the html … if that helped that html was somehow overwitten … that sounds bad … who would overwrite that.

1 Like

@tomshawk

If replacing index.html changes a completely blank page to a page with spinning wheel and menu entry, I will next attempt replacing the whole html folder by fresh copy from Github

## rename folder `html` to `html.orig` to preserve it
## in case you want to revert

sudo mv /usr/share/dump1090-fa/html /usr/share/dump1090-fa/html.orig

## clone source-code from Github

git clone https://github.com/flightaware/dump1090

## copy folder public_html to folder 
## /usr/share/dump1090-fa/ with name html

sudo cp -r dump1090/public_html  /usr/share/dump1090-fa/html  

## reboot
sudo reboot

Clear browser Cache, Reload browser

1 Like

Hi Guys,
So, I’ve tried to do the above, but the Raspberry was very laggy and unresponsive via local ssh.
I ended up disabling the /graph1090 and ran another apt-get update.

This time it was a lot smoother, but the connection dropped again and the last thing I’ve seen on the screen was this https://pastebin.com/vJ8R9qX0

I rebooted the device and all I could seen was a ‘rainbow screen’ on the HDMI port. I Googled the error and it end up that the Kernel was damaged (so the log above kind of suggested that)

I ended up reimaging the whole SD card and re-assign the new image to my account. Thanks a lot for helping on this. I’m consider new hardware (currently running on RPi B+, want to upgrade to the RPi4 2GB RAM), and a faster bigger memory card

Much appreciated.

Blockquote

A very wise decision :+1: :+1: :+1:

This topic was automatically closed 365 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.