FlightInfoStatus - filed_departure_time epoch returning "true"


#1

Hello,

Im querying https://flightxml.flightaware.com/json/FlightXML3/FlightInfoStatus?ident=CLX7962&include_ex_data=0&filter=&howMany=15&offset=0 with success.

One of faFlightID returned in the list has a filed_departure_time epoch returning “true” and not the integer value. What that means?

“faFlightID” => “CLX7962-1512887144-airline-0235”

“ident” => “CLX7962"
“faFlightID” => “CLX7962-1512887144-airline-0235"
“airline” => “CLX”
“flightnumber” => “7962"
“type” => “Form_Airline”
“blocked” => false
"diverted” => false
"cancelled” => false
"origin” => array:4 [:arrow_forward:]
“destination” => array:4 [:arrow_forward:]
“filed_ete” => 15600
"filed_airspeed_kts" => 311
"distance_filed" => 1548
"filed_departure_time" => array:6 [▼
"epoch" => true
"tz" => “CST”
“dow” => “Wednesday”
“time” => “22:30"
“date” => “12/13/2017"
“localtime” => 1513204200
]
“estimated_departure_time” => array:6 [▼
"epoch” => 1513176000
"tz” => “CST”
“dow” => “Wednesday”
“time” => “22:40"
“date” => “12/13/2017"
“localtime” => 1513204800
]
“actual_departure_time” => array:1 [:arrow_forward:]
“departure_delay” => 600
"filed_arrival_time” => array:6 [:arrow_forward:]
“estimated_arrival_time” => array:6 [:arrow_forward:]
“actual_arrival_time” => array:1 [:arrow_forward:]
“arrival_delay” => 600
"status” => “Scheduled”
“progress_percent” => -1
"aircrafttype" => “B744"
“full_aircrafttype” => “B744"
“adhoc” => false
"taxiing” => 600
"how_late_departure_was” => -1513175400
"how_late_arrival_was" => -1513191000
"status_flight" => “scheduled”
]

Thanks in advance.


#2

I am not able to replicate this. Do you have any other examples?


#3

Hello,

For now, I don’t find another example, but I guarantee you that it was returning true.
I queried again now (hours later) and is not returning true for this faFlightID. I noticed now that the flight is retuning a flag saying that is cancelled:

“ident”: “CLX7962”,
“faFlightID”: “CLX7962-1512887144-airline-0235”,
“airline”: “CLX”,
“flightnumber”: “7962”,
“type”: “Form_Airline”,
“blocked”: false,
“diverted”: false,
“cancelled”: true,
“origin”: {
“code”: “RCTP”,
“city”: “Taipei”,
“alternate_ident”: “TPE”,
“airport_name”: “Taiwan Taoyuan Int’l”
},
“destination”: {
“code”: “VTBS”,
“city”: “Bangkok”,
“alternate_ident”: “BKK”,
“airport_name”: “Suvarnabhumi Bangkok Int’l”
},
“filed_ete”: 15600,
“filed_airspeed_kts”: 311,
“distance_filed”: 1548,
“filed_departure_time”: {
“epoch”: 1513175400,
“tz”: “CST”,
“dow”: “Wednesday”,
“time”: “22:30”,
“date”: “12/13/2017”,
“localtime”: 1513204200
},
“estimated_departure_time”: {
“epoch”: 1513176000,
“tz”: “CST”,
“dow”: “Wednesday”,
“time”: “22:40”,
“date”: “12/13/2017”,
“localtime”: 1513204800
},
“actual_departure_time”: {
“epoch”: -1,
“tz”: “CST”,
“dow”: “Thursday”,
“time”: “07:59”,
“date”: “01/01/1970”,
“localtime”: 28799
},
“departure_delay”: -1513175401,
“filed_arrival_time”: {
“epoch”: 1513191000,
“tz”: “+07”,
“dow”: “Thursday”,
“time”: “01:50”,
“date”: “12/14/2017”,
“localtime”: 1513216200
},
“estimated_arrival_time”: {
“epoch”: -1,
“tz”: “+07”,
“dow”: “Thursday”,
“time”: “06:59”,
“date”: “01/01/1970”,
“localtime”: 25199
},
“actual_arrival_time”: {
“epoch”: -1,
“tz”: “+07”,
“dow”: “Thursday”,
“time”: “06:59”,
“date”: “01/01/1970”,
“localtime”: 25199
},
“arrival_delay”: -1513191001,
“status”: “result unknown”,
“progress_percent”: 100,
“aircrafttype”: “B744”,
“full_aircrafttype”: “B744”,
“adhoc”: false

@cbw, certainly another colleague of you know that in a specific case that epoch is returning “true”.
Can you please ask them? I have to treat that specific case on client side.

Thanks in advance.


#4

I have sent the team a ticket. Will be back in touch when I hear from them.


#5

Thanks. I’ll be waiting for a feedback.


#6

Unfortunately it does not appear that they team found a way to replicate what you are receiving. It may be something that is happening after the call is made.


#7

OK, I am assuming it was a bug in your API because epoch values must always be an integer.
If I get any other case like this one, I’ll post it here for further debugging.
Thanks.


#8

I have to be fair and assume that it really was something that was happening after the method call at client implementation.
You may ignore entire post.


#9

No worries. Thank you for the followup. Let us know if we can be of assistance in the future.