FlightAware Pro Stick hardware error?

Hello!

Been running two systems side by side for antenna/configuration comparisons and have recently noticed gaps in the charts for one system, and syslog messages of:
dump1090-fa[5206]: Tue Jul 7 18:05:17 2020 PDT No data received from the SDR for a long time, it may have wedged

multiple times during the day, then it just ‘goes away’ and runs fine awhile. Would this be indicating a problem with the FlightAware Pro Stick that is hardware related? The two systems are as ‘identical’ in build as I can get them (PiZero-W, running Raspbian Buster, PiAware 3.8.1 from add-on package) as well as hardware layout. The other system has never seen these errors.

(I just noticed the Solved problematic FA pro plus stick discussion, so maybe its the same capacitor issue…)

Thanks!

1 Like

Usually this will be a power issue. If it’s intermittent it’s unlikely to be a failed capacitor.

3 Likes

Thanks! I’ll try a power supply swap first.

Just a follow up…
Thanks again for the pointer! Swapping out power supplies for the system seems to have cleared it up.

1 Like

This topic was automatically closed 365 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.