Flightaware feeder client instead of full image?

After feeding some 7 years one of my SD cards failed at the monthly reboot. So I was going to reinstall and would like to add Flightaware as a client to my (Wiedehopf) tar1090/readsb installation but can only find install instructions for the Flightaware image (install from scratch) which is not what I’m looking for. Have I overlooked of misinterpreted some instructions?

You want a package install of piaware:

Thanks, will try that.

If you are using readsb or dump-1090 decoders, @wiedehopf instructions are also in the"Feed Flightaware" section of the comprehensive (IMO) section of the Wiki - Raspbian-Lite:-ADS-B-receiver write up. At least that’s what I used for my setup, feeding FlightAware and several others (readsb decoder)

If you are operating already the tar1090/readsb package successfully, you only need to install the piaware application. It is not required to install dump1090 as documented in their instructions linked by @obj
piaware will recognize readsb and use it.

& also @foxhunter Thanks guys, I’m waiting for a new microSD card to arrive, actually 2 so I have spare, then will set up properly again. For now temporarily running the solution from ADSB.im but thats kind of heavy on my pi3 & not enough documentation/options that I found to customize. For example, I need to correct my frequency just a little bit… I’ll get there again. Maybe also replace my RTL stick while I’m at it. Was using el-cheapo but since I’ve upgraded main receiver I’ve got a blue FA stick left over. Just need a SMA to MCX plug to hook up the mini antenna.

1 Like