FlightAware application for Facebook not working

The FlightAware application for Facebook (http://apps.facebook.com/flightaware/) hasn’t been working for a couple of weeks (I’m not sure how long exactly). Every time I try to use it, I get the following message:

“Bad news! FlightAware is temporarily unavailable.
This is often due to extremely heavy traffic volume or an unexpected service interruption.
We apologize for the inconvenience and are working to restore service as soon as possible.
Please try again shortly.”

http://flightaware.com/ works fine but not the application.
Is there a bug somewhere? Can it be fixed?
Who exactly should be contacted? The FlightAware’s Product Development group?

Thanks.

Strange, it works for me…I opened a development ticket for you.

Same here. I get the same:
“Bad news! FlightAware is temporarily unavailable.This is often due to extremely heavy traffic volume or an unexpected service interruption.We apologize for the inconvenience and are working to restore service as soon as possible. Please try again shortly.”

I deleted the app, then loaded it again but it can’t install, the page is just blank. On my flightaware page via the mainsite, It showed my flight as successfully submitted to my FB wall. However, nothing shows up, and now it appears the app is no more. I have never once had the thing to work at all. :confused:

Ditto.

Flight aware is not available message.

Try going to flightaware.com/facebook/connect.rvt and letting it unlink, then reconnect your facebook account.

Just tried that and still not working (Bad news! FlightAware is temporarily unavailable, etc.)

I’m having the same issue as well.

I tried the steps mentioned in earlier posts to unlink/relink and it still isn’t working.

I’ve asked the dev team to investigate.

I just tried installing the app and I see nothing. It’s loaded on my Facebook page, but when I click on it, it takes me to a blank page.

Still no luck.
Is this still supported?

Keep getting the “server busy” error.

We’ll be completely revamping the Facebook app in the coming weeks, so we’re expecting those types of problems to go away at that time.

In the mean time, visiting flightaware.com/account/manage/alerts to edit an alert so that it has the “Facebook” option is checked may be more reliable.

Just thought I’d add an update - Aug 15 and same result. Was able to connect accounts nicely, but usual “Bad News!” error message.
(and because I’m a forum newb and want to up the post count to look a little more legit…)

Yah, I’ve had the same problem ever since I first tried the app, and still to this day have never been able to get it to work. :cry:

Not to beat a dead horse, but I just think this would be such an awesomely cool Facebook app to use if it actually worked. Is there any progress being made?

Thanks

I have this problem as well I have read where multiple people have the same problems on facebook.

Facebook changed their side of their interface, so we’re working on it now and hoping to have it back in service soon.

Yah, it seems to be working now. Awesome!!! This is such a cool feature. Thanks a lot. :smiley: