Distance between two ADSB Antennas.

I currently host a FlightAware radar and a FlightRadar24 radar…
And I have both antennas on the same mast…
Is there a correct way to install them (the antennas) ? Minimum Distances? (Verticaly and Horizontaly)
Is there an INcorrect form to install both antennas ??

Can one antenna interfere with the other?.

The thing is… I’m getting poor reception from the FlightAware antenna…
It doesn’t matter which radar i connect to that antenna, i get the same reduced coverage (FA or FR24 reciever)
If i connect the radars to the FR24 antenna, i get a much better coverage on both radars.

P.S.
Last month i had a problem with the FA reciever (it had bad reception)…
After doing some test’s (I swaped both antennas between the FA and the FR24 recievers), it showed that the FA reciever always had the same poor reception (with both antennas) and the FR24 radar had the same good reception (with both antennas)…
So at that time both antennas where FINE…
I got a Flight Feeder replacement and it is working GREAT… awesome coverage as the FR24 receiver (when connected to the FR24 antenna)…

What could have happened? I have been reading some reports of wet antennas? How can i test it? (without breaking it)…

Antennas vertically above each other (with a gap) should not affect each other.

alongside each other - it put a gap of wavelength or two - that would be about 30cm or more (but I’m no expert)

Congratulations of isolating the distance problem to the FA antenna … could it be the downlead?

I asked the same question on the FR24 forum a while back in the Hardware forum (search for spacing)

The problem you are describing with the FA antenna sounds very much like I’ve experienced. Range was very limited until I discovered that somehow water got inside the FA antenna. I contacted FA support and they are running test to see what the effect of water inside the antenna is on the range and when dried if the range get’s back to its original state.

At the moment my antenna is behind the fridge to keep it warm and I give it a blow-dry each day :mrgreen: After this ‘heat treatment’ to get all the moisture out the range is reported to get back close to the original. This regiment for a couple of day’s yielded minimal results and that’s why I’m going to do it for a couple of weeks this time.

Maybe you should check to see if there is water inside the antenna. When held upside down I could feel moisture at the top and when I swung the antenna I could see a water pattern on the ground.