Deleting Sites from Flight Aware

Hi all,

I’m new to FA, so please be gentle :slight_smile: I’ve looked through the FAQs and Topics in this discussion forum and cannot find the information I need.

I have created multiple sites under my account as I’ve swapped receivers etc. How do I delete the inactive sites under my account and control? I cannot see a delete button.

Many thanks

Steve.

1 Like

A button will appear after 30 days.

4 Likes

Oooo Ta. I wish it would be more readily available. Thanks for your help :slight_smile:

2 Likes

You can transfer a number between receivers:
https://flightaware.com/adsb/piaware/upgrade

4 Likes

Brilliant. That’ll do the job nicely. I’ll save my configs for each receiver, complete with their id number and that should work.
Many thanks again.

1 Like

You can hit the heart thingie under my post :grinning:

1 Like

I was able to delete a second site which was created accidentially on rebuilding my Raspberry after 24 hours.

1 Like

Maybe 30 days was the older number… the important thing is to re-use the same ID with piaware config.

yes, very likely

I set it up some weeks ago and missed the part entering the previous ID, so i had a second one created which i then was able to delete the next day following the guidlines.

2 Likes

Can this be done at anytime, or only before first boot?

Depending on your device you can also stop the piaware service on both devices. Then change the ID in the config file on the new device and start the service of it.

Not sure if that works on the package installs only or also on the Piaware image.

I did that several times already while exchanging the different devices of me.
You should only avoid that the service is running with same ID on the different devices in parallel.

It’s the same device. It just suddenly stopped working (SD card fail) a couple of weeks ago.
Be great not to loose all that old data and keep adding to it.

I’ll shut down Pi, add shh to boot directory, and change feeder ID once I can ssh into it.

Thank you.

1 Like

Strange our obsession with data, compare distances, messages, aircraft etc. Many of us do it without thinking, move the antenna, tweak the gain, add to the data.

All great fun though, with many it is too combining two interests, ADS-B and the Radpberry Pi.

Many users on here write various scripts to add bells and whistles to existing set ups.

Geoff

1 Like

It is probably an undiagnosed compulsive obsession. If we are still functional in society, and we can also work to pay our taxes, it’s all good :rofl:

1 Like

Added an ssh file, and now Pi won’t boot.

It’s got 16 files named AfAfAfAf.AfA all claiming to be 1,675,354kb each.
Modified 01/02/2031
They won’t delete.

Tried with ssh, ssh.txt, and with no additional file.

Looks like reformat and reinstall.

That can also be a SD card which is dying…

Consider changing it as well

1 Like