Correction or Removal of Extraneous PiAware Files

While routinely upgrading my RPi, I’ve been seeing the following extraneous PiAware files displayed. How can they be safely corrected or removed?

W: Target Packages (piaware/binary-armhf/Packages) is configured multiple times in /etc/apt/sources.list.d/piaware-buster.list:1 and /etc/apt/sources.list.d/piaware.list:1

W: Target Packages (piaware/binary-all/Packages) is configured multiple times in /etc/apt/sources.list.d/piaware-buster.list:1 and /etc/apt/sources.list.d/piaware.list:1

W: Target Translations (piaware/i18n/Translation-en_US) is configured multiple times in /etc/apt/sources.list.d/piaware-buster.list:1 and /etc/apt/sources.list.d/piaware.list:1

W: Target Translations (piaware/i18n/Translation-en) is configured multiple times in /etc/apt/sources.list.d/piaware-buster.list:1 and /etc/apt/sources.list.d/piaware.list:1

W: Target Translations (piaware/i18n/Translation-en_US.UTF-8) is configured multiple times in /etc/apt/sources.list.d/piaware-buster.list:1 and /etc/apt/sources.list.d/piaware.list:1

pi@raspberrypi:~ $

Yes, you can safely remove /etc/apt/sources.list.d/piaware.list

(I’m still not sure how the system gets into that state, but current piaware versions do not try to recreate it any more)

1 Like

I don’t suggest that others should do it, but my way to upgrade is to re-image with latest Piaware SD card image, OR to re-image with latest Raspberry PI OS + package install of latest versions of all feeders and graph. I always use a SPARE microSD card for re-imaging, leaving existing microSD card intact, till I run the fresh install for few days and am satisfied it is working OK.

Of course above method is unpractical for RPi at a remote or hard to access location.

3 Likes

Removing “piaware.list” resolved the problem. Updates are clean now. Thank you.

2 Likes

I too was having this happen and have since removed piaware.list. Thanks for the answer. I have also noticed that in my /etc/apt/sources.list.d folder that I have piaware-buster.list and piaware-stretch.list. Since I am running buster, is it safe to remove piaware-stretch.list?

Yes; but I don’t know how you ended up with the stretch repo installed on a buster install.

I was wondering the same thing. Just wanted to make sure that it wasn’t trying to pull needed updates from both. Thanks for the reply.

This topic was automatically closed 365 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.