BUG - VFR Flight Following

I searched the forums, but couldn’t find anything on this:

Up until recently, if you were flying with an active flight plan and were given flight following (w/ a discrete code), then your radar track and flight plan came into the flightAware system just fine.

Now, the new radar track comes into the system, but the flight plan does not update. Instead the new radar track replaces the saved radar track for the last flown flight plan in the FlightAware system.

Check the log for N364GW - flying from KADM to KADS today, but the flight plan the radar track is linked to is the IFR flight from KGLS to KADS flown yesterday.

Sounds very similar to this post. That one didn’t get any response, though.

Thanks for the update Coma24 - this does sound the same, and I am glad (sad too) that I’m not the only one. Hopefully someone from FlightAware can comment on why this is happening.

If it helps, here’s another clear case of this problem:
flightaware.com/live/flight/N814 … /KOWD/KTTN

That’s a flight my friend took from OWD to TTN. As you can see, the track actually shows his subsequent VFR hop from TTN to N07, and the OWD-TTN IFR flight data is no longer accessible.

Any resolution on this issue?

Yesterday and today’s flights by N84309 don’t even appear and the pilot had a flight plan and flight following. It used to come up ok.

Thanks for the examples guys, we’re working on it.

Can you provide the origin/destination/date for the N84309 flights?

1/12/11 N84309 18TE-KSLR-KTXK-18TE
1/13/11 n84309 18TE-KADH-18TE

I guess VFR flight tracking is still not working. Anyone know when this will be fixed? Or is anyone working on a fix??

4/15/2011 N334E from KDTO to KLRU, one squawk enroute and handed off numerous times with no problems. I was even asked by ABQ center to confirm type aircraft as BE-33.

That’s correct. For your flight we only received positions and a cancellation at the end; no flight plan, departure, or ETMS messages. The FAA has not committed to fix VFR flight tracking. That said, I did submit your flight as an example to the FAA to see what their current response is.

Just wanted to emphasize this MAJOR point for the everyone out there…

The FAA has confirmed “[ASDI] is not supposed to have VFR flights [in it].” So I would not expect any VFR flight to be tracked on FlightAware going forward.

removed

N2707J
Please can someone tell me what the hell has happen to the tracting of VFR flights. This for us in Fl. (90% VFR) was just so great.
10 days ago it was working, I made a flight to Keyw from KLNA this week go to review my trip NOTHING!! can’t see a damn thing. Yes Flight Flowing each way (always).

Someone explain please, as I emailed the site and got “only IFR flight”
not how or when it stop.

**I for one want this back and if not on this site tell me where I can go to find a site that still has tracting for VFR flights. **
Thanks
Christiano Castronova
C-335

What part of Mark’s post above do you not understand"

“The FAA has confirmed “[ASDI] is not supposed to have VFR flights [in it].” So I would not expect any VFR flight to be tracked on FlightAware going forward.”

The FAA will no longer share VFR flight info, therefore there is nowhere AFAIK where you can track your flights.

Double posting will not get you a reply any faster.

:confused: **I for one **want this back, and if not on this site tell me where I can go to find a site that still has tracking for VFR flights.
Thanks
Christiano Castronova
C-335 N2707J

:open_mouth: So the FAA took it off :angry:

:!: OK then , why don’t we as pilots ban together( all who want this back) and send emails to the FAA until they hear us.

AOPA is interested in VFR flight tracking, and we’re working with them to lobby the FAA to have it included. I’d suggest contacting public relations for both the FAA and AOPA with your concerns.

Holy schmokes James!

Unlike you!

Sounds like you took one right out of my play book “back in the Dami days”. :laughing:

I would plead that his repetitive demands got to me and ask that the court show mercy.