Aviatin radar history

Is there any way of getting a reply of a radar shot? The reson for asking is that an unidentified quad-jet came from the northeast and did a u-turn over New Haven Indiana jsut about noon today. No tail markings from what I could see, and it was at less than 5k feet. I was working out in the field , so was away from computer. May have been military, but was not a b-52 or large transport.

Will, can you translate for us?

Sure. A large plane with 4 engines was flying… 8)

:laughing:

A large plane with 4 engines was seen flying.

Color?

What kind of crops were being worked in the field?

What did it sound like? Turbo-jet or Turbo-fan? What RPM did they appear to be at? Any visible smoke?

gee, thanks for your help…yeah, not enough info, that’s why I was wondering if there was a way to get a history of the radar to see what it was. It was clsoe enough for me to see it had four jet engines, looked like a 747, but didn’t have the shape in front. And, it was gray

What kind of crops were being worked in the field?

What did it sound like? Turbo-jet or Turbo-fan? What RPM did they appear to be at? Any visible smoke?

Now I get ya… :smiley:

gee, thanks for your help…yeah, not enough info, that’s why I was wondering if there was a way to get a history of the radar to see what it was. It was clsoe enough for me to see it had four jet engines, looked like a 747, but didn’t have the shape in front. And, it was gray

KC-135 (707), KC-10, maybe a DC-8?