American Eagle 3629

I found this on AVWEB,Since its close to home I thought it would be interesting to check out. But I had no luck with FA??

Why We Fly Ourselves – Light Aerobatics In An RJ
What Airline Passengers Endure
Some people will pay big bucks to fly aerobatics but we’d wager these folks just wanted to get to Pittsburgh. Nobody was reported injured after an American Airlines regional jet reportedly suffered severe roll- and yaw-control problems while en route from Dallas Tuesday evening. According to WTVQ News, the American Eagle Airlines Flight 3629, a Bombardier CJR-700, was cruising at 37,000 feet when the pilot “lost control.” Passenger Gene Buttyan told the station that after the impromptu air show, the pilot made an announcement that he was “unable to control the plane” and that he’d “attempt” to make an emergency landing. The attempt was successful and the plane touched down at Blue Grass Airport in Lexington, Ky., about 9:30 p.m. John Hotard, a spokesman for AMR, told ABC news the aircraft suffered problems with a trim mechanism.

This may have been EGF629 (flightaware.com/live/flight/EGF629). Look for the entry on 3 Dec.

American Eagle has a confusing flight numbering system. FLight 629 flies DFW-PIT with a CRJ7 AND it flies RDU-DCA with a E145. EGF854 fliies LGA-DTW with a E135 AND it flies from PNS to DFW with a E145.

If I recall correctly, there is a dicussion on EGF flight numbers elsewhere on the forum.