ALL maps ---- screwed

I try and view a map of an airport. cities are scrambled all over the place…not planes shown in the area…in general a mess…what’s up?

Are you using Windows?

Sounds like one of the javascript files is corrupted, try shift+reload or control+reload.

This has been happening for 2 or 3 weeks.

A map of a single flight has the origin and destination in the wrong places on a map…

If I look at the area around an airport and zoom out I have denver north of winnipeg…all maps are like this…places are totally transpoded north to south and south to north,

want to include a screen shot…let me try that on my next post.

how would I best do that.

the maps were working for a few days.

Now they are not showing overhead planes…nothing…and sometimes denver is north of winnipeg again.

What browser are you using? Are you zoomed in on the page?

I would suggest trying to zoom out and/or upgrading your browser.

internet explorer 8

zooming out or in no planes NONE in the area I llok at.

it looks like the data for the location of the plane, origin and destination of the flight are flip flopped east to west and north to south.

scrolling on a individual flight the map moves up…the bad information stays where it is…thus the plane travels south in relation to the map.

shouldnt planes show on every zoom level? one day it might the next day it may not.

Are you zooming in your browser or on the interface? Try it on your browser.

Down load Google Chrome browser and give it another try. Chrome is superior to any IE version…

I’ve been having this problem for a few weeks. Cities are all messed up, no flown route. I have done several ctrl-reloads, updated Java, cleared temp files, cleared everything else. Still not working.

Unfortunately it’s not an option for me to use anything other than IE7 at this time. Do the maps no longer work with IE7??

The maps are tested and work in IE7. It may be an issue with a proxy upstream of you caching the corrupted javascript file that renders the map. Can you paste the contents of Session Diagnostics - FlightAware (minus the session ID - edit that part out)?

Below are the results of the url. As additional info, I have connected to the internet from several different places with the same problems. Below is for a connection from a hotel (I removed the IP address as well):

Your browser is Mozilla/4.0 (compatible; MSIE 7.0; Windows NT 5.1; Ant.com 2.1.6 (build 61)(2206F9E5); .NET CLR 2.0.50727; .NET CLR 1.1.4322; .NET CLR 3.0.4506.2152; .NET CLR 3.5.30729; InfoPath.2; .NET4.0C; .NET4.0E)
You are not using a mobile device
You may be behind a proxy

• x_forwarded_for:
    Your public IP address is
    You are currently logged in.
    Your username is mrbeverlin
    Your user id is 69895
    You can accept cookies from FlightAware
    You have successfully logged in to FlightAware with this machine and browser at least one time in the past.
    You have never chosen a language (locale).
    No default locale detected.
    Your region is US US/en_US
    Your javascript is working fine.
    Time (zulu) is Wednesday, 12-Jan-2011 02:16:40 GMT
    Your account can view 4 months of flight history

Below are the results of the url. As additional info, I have connected to the internet from several different places with the same problems. Below is for a connection from a hotel (I removed the IP address as well):

Your browser is Mozilla/4.0 (compatible; MSIE 7.0; Windows NT 5.1; Ant.com 2.1.6 (build 61)(2206F9E5); .NET CLR 2.0.50727; .NET CLR 1.1.4322; .NET CLR 3.0.4506.2152; .NET CLR 3.5.30729; InfoPath.2; .NET4.0C; .NET4.0E)
You are not using a mobile device
You may be behind a proxy

• x_forwarded_for:
    Your public IP address is
    You are currently logged in.
    Your username is mrbeverlin
    Your user id is 69895
    You can accept cookies from FlightAware
    You have successfully logged in to FlightAware with this machine and browser at least one time in the past.
    You have never chosen a language (locale).
    No default locale detected.
    Your region is US US/en_US
    Your javascript is working fine.
    Time (zulu) is Wednesday, 12-Jan-2011 02:16:40 GMT
    Your account can view 4 months of flight history

I continue to have this problem and I have determined that it is a problem with my laptop only. Other machines on the same network display things correctly.

Is there a way to REALLY refresh Javascript on a machine? I have tried CTRL-F5 and every other combination.

Thanks!

The mapping guys are looking into you issue.

I’ve been having the same problem for weeks. I’m using IE8 and all of my cities are flipped north to south and the flights don’t track.

If your maps are broken, please do a view source on a broken page and you’ll see a line at the top like:

… can you copy and paste that URL into your browser and paste the first line? It’ll look like:

/* maplayers.js:8dd4a8fc6 retrieved and parsed as js by emit.rvt for serving host vox.flightaware.com (public hostname via X-Forwarded-Server) by rowdy.hou.flightaware.com (from cache) */

Here’s mine:

/* maplayers.js:8dd4a8fc6 retrieved and parsed as js by emit.rvt for serving host vox.flightaware.com (public hostname via X-Forwarded-Server) by royce.hou.flightaware.com (from cache)

I’m also having the same problem after upgrading to Windows 7… I also get a messge in the Information bar that says “Content might not be displayed properly. The file was restricted because the content doesn’t match it’s security information.”

And like the original poster says eveything is upside down, and there is no tracking line…

Any help would be appreciated.

Thanks…

Are you visiting the site with http or https? (e.g., flightaware.com/) ?