“arrival”: true,
“cancelled”: true,
“departure”: true,
“diverted”: true,
“filed”: false
},
“target_url”: “xyzserverpath”
}

This is what i am trying to setup the alert with but everytime it return an error “Unconnected chanel”. can someone please help me with this?

Be sure that you have registered an endpoint with your desired URL first before attempting to create an alert:

@bovineone Thanks, alerts are already started to be configured successfully But I can not receive them on the specified URL. Here I would like to mention that with the specified registered URL only concatenating the token string. But still couldn’t receive any alerts.

Be sure that your endpoint is expecting to process the POST body of any requests as a JSON payload.

Our AeroAPI push notification testing interface provides a quick and easy way to test the delivery of customized alerts via AeroAPI push.

An example endpoint in Python is provided at aeroapps/alerts_backend/python at main · flightaware/aeroapps · GitHub

@bovineone I was able to see only three alerts from the past 6 hours with an error alert on each on this developer portal. However, I have posted almost 10-12 alerts but I couldn’t see them all. Moreover, I noticed that the delivery time for these alerts is also later than scheduled. Also, this send push alert takes you to another screen that says Flight Aware service is not available hence I couldn’t test the delivery of my alerts.

The send push alert portion of that test page is currently known to be broken at this time, but we are hoping to fix that page in the next few weeks.

The history shown on that page is intentionally only showing the last few more recent alerts. Be sure to pay attention to whether it says the alerts were delivered successfully or not. If there is an error reported, then you can hover over it to see more details.

I have followed all this, But still, after the successful scheduling of alerts don’t know why we don’t receive alerts. We only receive 3,4 alerts on the server side until now and their Status is also true on this testing service site. But I am talking about some alerts that are scheduled but never appear or are never sent to the server. we couldn’t see them here in this list whether they are sent or not.

When you hover over those “show error” bubbles, it should give you an indication of why those alerts are not being delivered. (I cannot tell which account you are looking at but it’s not apparently the one you’re replying from.)

If you believe there are alerts that are getting missed and not even being attempted to sent, then I’ll suggest that you look very carefully at the alert criteria you’ve entered. It’s very easy to accidentally specify the wrong starting date for an alert, particularly with international flights that cross datelines or timezones. Attempting to set an alert for an event that has already happened (for example, flight has already departed and you wanted a departure alert) will also result in no alert being delivered.

If you have a specific alert_id that you feel should have been triggered or failed to deliver, provide it and we can investigate further.

Hi FlightAware Team,

1. There are many alerts I did configure but here is this id 59336060 I had configured alerts far. it didn’t even send.
  2. There were errors with ngrock in some cases due to which we fixed the error, but still, many alerts didn’t even initiated.

For id 59336060, you specified for the alert that ident=“PGT977” and origin=“KSAW” and destination=“EDDB” must all match. However, that flight has an actual origin of “LTFJ”, so the alert never matched. You probably entered “SAW” for the origin when setting the alert, which was auto-corrected to KSAW instead of LTFJ. We always recommend specifying the ICAO versions of airport identifiers when possible to avoid such ambiguity.

Thanks, I will try again with ICAO code from the airports. What about the start and end time? It also created confusion sometimes when you only want to get notified for a single flight but it keep on sending these alerts for the schedule days.

Hi FlightAware Team,

Today I have again scheduled 3,4 flights using alert API. But the issue remains the same and I could not receive any alert again. I recommend checking this issue and if it is possible only the flight_id should be needed to schedule flight alerts that can minimize this kind of issues that arise unexpectedly or due to lack of knowledge by the user.

Here are the alert ids of the alerts I have scheduled today.

You didn’t actually include the alert ids in your message.

Yes, it is possible to create an alert that matches only a flight_id and no other elements (eg: no ident, orig, dest). It’s still recommended that you include an end_date on the alert so that it can be automatically deleted once the date passes.

HI FlightAware Team,

Here are the alert ids of the alerts I have scheduled today.