Airspy Mini on a Raspberry Pi for ADS-B flight tracking

I downloaded the airspy_adsb-linux-arm.tgz file which I assume to be the correct one for the Raspberry Pi. I am aware of the fact that even the RPi 3b is underpowered for use with the Airspy. Therefore I’m only using it to understand and validate the software settings, before I continue and buy a more powerful board (odroid or Tinkerboard as @Dxista mentions (thanks!)

I don’t think I am running other applications that are trying to communicate with the airspy - I have not configured airspy_adsb or spyserver to start at boot and the issue occurs even after a reboot.

I’m getting the following output when trying ls -lart airspy_adsb:

-rwxr-xr-x 1 pi pi 30664 Apr 12 00:26 airspy_adsb

I am unsure if I am using the right command to start airspy_adsb. When I use the same command as mentioned in my first post but with a & at the end, I get one line of output like this:

[1] 609

I am not sure if that is normal behaviour. When checking `sudo piaware-status’, I see a message that no data is being produced on port 30104 (after running said command).

Furthermore, per this post, I configured dump1090-fa to run in relay mode and configured its listening host and port to localhost and 30104, respectively. That’ll only be relevant if I manage to fix the issue at hand, though :slight_smile:.