AirportInfo?

Just wondering if any of the other info you have listed on the airport info pages around here will be available for DirectFlight (at the very least the time zone offset from GMT, or something like that).

Sure, that’d be easy to expand. Anything come to mind besides timezone or GMT offset that would be particularly useful to you?

www.airnav.com has lot’s of info about FAA airports.
www.fsroute.com is a freebee.

This forum’s about the DirectFlight API for software developers to include FlightAware data in their application for calculation & presentation to users, so requests like strikefinder’s are for a programming interface to the data rather than web sites.

Yeah, I’m aware of the other sites, but I need to be able to query them from within my own website, perhaps several hundred times. Manually trying to update that data is, well, a bit insane.

Daniel: I’ll get back to you with some ideas. I didn’t know how possible this was, so I figured I’d ask first.

The brainstorming we’ve done so far has come up with this:

elevation
time zone offset from GMT
runway data

Also, we’d love to use more weather related products, such as:

PIREPs
AIRMETs/SIGMETs
Radar info
NOTAMs (by airport)

I don’t know if you have the capability to do any of those things, but I thought I’d throw them out there. The time zone offset and NOTAM data would be the most useful items for us of anything.

Can you describe what you mean by radar info?

We can add elevation, TZ, and runway data (orientation and size) pretty easily.

We’re working on integrating pilot briefings and such into the site, so the rest will come shortly.

It might be useful for us to have the ATA code, if you have that buried somewhere, as it is occasionally different (NAS and MYNN, for example). Our flight schedules are stored in ATA format rather than ICAO. It doesn’t appear that you have that data stored anywhere, but if you did, well, that could be nice for us.

As far as radar data goes, either some sort of digital information about weather or, as it seems like you’re doing, a way to overlay wx radar over the flight track. This might be more of a development for your map function, I guess.

It now returns a “timezone” string that’s pretty universally accepted.