ADS-B antennas, cheap chinese PCBs and the others

Excellent, thank you! Per the other thread and to quote myself (nerd):

So far, I’ve identified 4 different versions of these antenna - the 4th being an ‘active’ antenna with inline LNA on the 170mm design. I didn’t want to spend the $$ on it, so only got the other 3 for testing.

As stated above, they supply decent performance for the money, but not to be compared with the FlightAware or DPD Antenna so far as performance.

The longest of the bunch shows the best specs on the VNA so far as S11 and VSWR, but I’m still waiting for the weather to cool down to do a proper side by side test between these as well as against other easily attainable manufactured antenna. The short antenna with the radome (with 130mm PCB) shows the least appealing stats on the VNA, but needs to be confirmed real-world still using side-by-sides.

If there are other versions other than what’s been listed here, please provide specs here.

ADD: 5th iteration running amok: This one has an LNA and filter integrated and requires a bias-T. It may be a good fit with an RTL-SDRv3 radio - be curious if anyone purchased one.

1 Like