Adding a display to a raspberry pi

Hi,

I have added a display to my Pi (still waiting for the dongle to arrive) but I was wondering if I could get the info displayed on the added screen as you see on flightfeeder orange?

Welcome,

I would assume that with some programming skills the data provided dump1090-fa as json file can be somehow processed. But i have no idea how that could work

You can find the stats at this URL:

http://[your-IP]/dump1090-fa/data/stats.json

If it’s a graphical interface like the latest Flightfeeder, you can show the whole web content.

Thanks @foxhunter. From your reply I assume no one has so far attempted or should I say succeeded in doing this? My programming skills are not so good so I would appreciate any pointers on how to go about this.

That’s not what i was saying. I do not know all threads in this forum. Maybe someone tried it.
Most threads i am aware of is regarding showing the map on that display.

I searched the forum before starting the thread as I couldn’t find anything specific to this. The map is interesting but I think it depends on the display size. The one I bought is 3.5 in so I think that is too small for a map.

Check out this post

2 Likes

Thanks @jonhawkes2030

I run a Pi with a 3.5 display and the X11 setup so that it starts a browser pointing to the web page in something like a kiosk mode. It is nice as a quick glance status from the desk. Then I realized today that the backlight seems to be going out, but I attached a pic anyway.

(I’ve pushed some code changes to make it easier to startup this way from the URL, but haven’t gotten around to sending a pull request)

8 Likes

FYI… the kiosk mode changes were part of 5.0, so you should be able to create a URL that will load the display just like this.

This topic was automatically closed 365 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.