User Comments - Where Are They????

]Being relatively new to this site, I have a very basic question. I’ve tried finding my way around with no success. I received a few emails from Flight Aware advising than users have commented on some of my posts. I can’t seem to find those comments. Hopefully someone will just give me a brief explanation without making me feel too incredibly stupid. I’ve returned to the posts, but see no replies. Would appreciate any assistance. Thanks. …D

Look at the bottom of the text entry box. Click on “notify me when a reply is posted.”

You can set this universally by going to “user control panel”, selecting “board preferences”, selecting “edit posting defaults”, and checking the “yes” box next to “Notify me upon replies by default”.

When the notification is selected, click on the link in the email you’ll get below the statement “If you want to view the newest post made since your last visit, click the following link:”

Was the email from squawks or from the forum?

If it’s from squawks, you can follow the link in the email to see the other users comments.

Thanks for the response. I’m unable to even find the “user control panel” … I wish a search capability had been included on the site. So - I guess never mind. I’ll have to remain curious. …D

Upper right corner of forum when logged in

Just to the left of user control panel :wink:

A massive “thank you” rwb2112. I’ve found everything you’ve mentioned and reset at your recommendation. Now, I’ll just have to wait and see if what I’ve done actually works. Fingers crossed!

Me again. I’ve made the selections you’ve recommended. Just received an email advising someone had commented on one of my posts. Here’s a cut & paste of that email:

"On Nov 25, 2011, at 6:18 PM, FlightAware Alerts wrote:

A user has commented on one of your subscribed FlightAware Squawks.

Title: Passenger forced to stand for seven hours on U.S. Airways

Additional users may post comments to this squawk but you will not receive further notifications unless you visit the page to view new comments.

For more information visit flightaware.com/squawks/view/lin … ert/23135/

To edit or disable these alerts please visit flightaware.com/account/manage/notifications/"

Your last instruction is: "When the notification is selected, click on the link in the email you’ll get below the statement “If you want to view the newest post made since your last visit, click the following link:”

I don’t see that line anywhere on the email. Still patient enough to clarify?