I’ve got a piaware running on a balcony in downtown Seattle that can pick up planes overhead up to ~40k feet or as far out as ~35miles (imperial). Output online: https://flightaware.com/adsb/stats/user/digittante.
Given this environment and the setup (below), are there options we might explore to expand the detection range?
Our PiAware setup:
- RaspberryPi Model 2 B+
- Edimax Wifi dongle plugged into the pi’s onboard USB
- Pro Stick Plus dongle (PSP)
- 1090Mhz Antenna MCX (link)
- 3.5a PSU on the pi
- Piaware via the Debian package add-on
- No other devices, attached, no other apps or programs in use besides SSH