New Runway at KORD

O’Hare airport opened a new runway today. Will the new runway come up on the the KORD airport activity map?

Thanks!

Not sure what you mean by activity map, but the new airport diagram is up.

I mean the map that displays all the aircraft in the vicinity.

flightaware.com/live/airport_sta … rport=KORD

I meant to say that now the new 28/10C is open, and I was wondering if the airport diagram shown on this map will display the new runway, like it displays all the other runways.

Updating the runways is a significant investment of time on our part because we usually regenerate the whole earth, which takes a few days. We’re investing in new technologies to let us update different pieces more quickly. Expect an updated view with some new features and updated runways in the coming weeks. We’ll keep you posted!

Oh awesome!! Thank you for the heads up!

Landed on 28C tonight with simultaneous, parallel approaches on 27L and 27R. Lots of big aluminum at KORD tonight. Some carbon fibre too.

You arrived just as the European departure push began. There are some great aircraft operating at that time.

10-4. Iberia 340, several AA 777’s in new livery. Qatar, Eithad, LOT, ANA and more…

Oh yeah I have been up at KORD during that push, a great time to planespot.

Landed 28C last night. Did not see anything on approach to the 27s at the same time. Taxi in from 28C to the T1 alley took forever despite the fact that it’s not that far as the crow flies.

Took me a while to pick anything out as we came in. 27R was an MD-90 (know it was such due to it making it to the DL gates before we made it to the UA B gates). Another ExpressJet 145 was on 27L.

I think the new taxi route off 28C is going to the B and C gates is going to take longer from 28C than 27R now! And because of TRACON staffing, you’ll see 28C/27R with no 27L arrivals when the demand is only 2 runways and the wx isnt good enough for visual approaches

Lucent

Post subject: Re: New Runway at KORD

Unread postPosted: 18 Oct 2013 17:06

FlightAware Staff
Lucent - FlightAware user avatar

Updating the runways is a significant investment of time on our part because we usually regenerate the whole earth, which takes a few days. We’re investing in new technologies to let us update different pieces more quickly. Expect an updated view with some new features and updated runways in the coming weeks. We’ll keep you posted!

Hey Lucent . While you are regenerating the whole earth can you start over and stop the mess this world is in ? :laughing:

Has anyone noticed if the runways on the flight map for KORD has updated since the new runway opened?