New, inexpensive 1090MHz antenna for sale

Cool, thank you.

Great !! I don’t see them listed yet. When will they go live ?

Early to middle of the week.

Is there any way to get this antenna in australia?

use a service like shipito.com

or let me know how many you want and I’ll add them to my order as soon as they list on amazon

Related: FlightAware ADS-B Filters Now For Sale In US

Ordered, on its way.

Question - best to mount this as close to antenna or dongle? Weatherproof?

Scott

[quote=“vannossc”]

I think it would be best indoors and the gauge of cable/connector (SMA) is really expecting it to be by the dongle.

Very disappointed - Amazon STILL will not ship to my Canadian mailing address!!! :cry:

I thought Flightaware had this handled, I guess I was mis-informed…

We’re expecting to have Amazon.ca availability around September 1st.

Perhaps you should tell maxtribolet that he probably should have included the September 1st date in his earlier message to me.

And the September 1st date will probably be more like November 1st due to being sold-out over the next couple of weeks like the first batch…

I wish FlightAware had been more forthcoming with this information, I’ve been holding off purchasing a couple of LNA/Filter from the UK for two months or more now. Well lesson learned, shame on me for placing my trust in FA.

I’m glad I don’t live in a prefect world. People do make mistakes. FA does a great job in my book. Keep up the great work.

Thanks FA.

You are right they do a great job. They just let me down this time. I’ve been asking the same question for months and if they knew about the later date they should have said so. Instead I feel lead on and that’s my fault. It will not happen again. I will make my purchase else where like I should have in May/June. Had I done that everything would be in place and working now.

You can buy this one right now for shipment anywhere in the world ebay.com/itm/131582394839

Any suggestions for a 978 antenna?

978 Mhz outdoor antenna:
http://www.dpdproductions.com/page_vhf_air.html#978adsout

Very nice. Their 1090 antenna claims 9dBi. Have you used it? Any good? The one I have now is only 5dBi, but I’m not sure there would really be a practical difference.

Yes, I have their 1090 antenna and it works well. The FA antenna didn’t exist at that time. Today, due to the 3X cost difference, I would be getting the FA antenna. Purely due to the high price.

From Amazon

"Currently unavailable.
We don’t know when or if this item will be back in stock. "