This is very nice looking, neat & clean!
I am highly tempted to order one, though it is costly (Price USD 17.00 + Shipping to Canada USD 13.00 = USD 30.00 = CAD 38.83), the price of a Raspberry Pi !
Unfortunately before knowing about Valarm cable, I ordered following items on eBay from Hong Kong. I am waiting delivery. I will first try these to see how these perform. If I am not satisfied, I will order Valarm one.
(1) wireless charger (CAD 9.39 + Free Shipping).
(2) OTG with external power supply to run the external device (CAD 4.19 + Free Shipping).
TOTAL for 2 items = CAD 13.58
… image snipped …
Pictured here is a Verizon Galaxy S4 running the latest updates available from Verizon with NO special kernel and the device is NOT rooted.
(Picture was taken indoors using a stock antenna hence the reason there is not much showing…)
You can improve performance of stock antenna by
(1) Placing antenna near a large window or attic.
(2) The whip is too long for 1090 MHz. Cut it to 67mm height.
(3) Place the whip on a metallic can/box/plate to enlarge groundplane. If can/box/plate are made of iron/steel, you get added advantage of antenna’s mag base getting stuck to the can/box/plate and stay stable & upright.
Please see this thread: How to improve performance of whip antenna of DVB-T