Mast ideas?

Hmm… maybe I was thinking Propane, or whatever is pumped in natural gas lines.
That gas is definitely heavier than air, I have filled a balloon with that when I was kid and it dropped on the floor…

Hello,
Have you concidered a wooden ground post with wooden mast ie I have amatuer radio equipment mounted in such a manner, the “mast” is what they use in stud partion walls and comes in 3mtr 4 mtr lengths and as go up I use 10ft 1 1/2 aluminium pole which is it screwed to the wooden support , to make it quick lower i have the support post of wood drilled to make a pivot, its simple and will selfsupport to a point.
hope this helps.

Several months ago I purchased a 10 meter pruning saw set that came with a 9.4 meter long telescopic pole made of aluminum alloy that has locking sections which was designed to let you prune tree branches from the ground without needing to climb a ladder. I got two heavy-duty wall-mount antenna brackets and a clamp-on guy ring plus a guying kit and mounted the pole alongside the house on a concrete hollow-block fence. This set-up has stood me in good stead as it’s fairly easy to loosen the wing nuts on each section, press on the spring-loaded levers and lower the sections if a windstorm is approaching such as Typhoon Rai aka Odette last December.

(If a topic asking for help or advise hasn’t been replied to in 9 months or more, chances are that the original poster has already found a solution and there’s no need to reply now.)

1 Like

This topic was automatically closed 365 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.