Maintenance intervals and required checks on 121 carriers

Can anybody help me with information on required maintenance on commercial jets. I know that a D check is a major overhaul and is due at x hours or x cycles but I do not know the numbers or what is involved. Nor do I know about the other (presumably A B and C checks.
If anyone can point me at an information source it would be appreciated.
I am playing around with aircraft utilization on the Qantas A380 fleet and it looks like their last delivery VH-OQL has just been out of service for an extended period so I am thinking it was a D check.
A combination of FA and flightradar24 is giving good info on their schedules.

Each manufacturer writes it’s own maintenance manual’s which include intervals as part of the certification process. Some airlines can get a modified plan approved as well. Some intervals are calendar based, some flight hours and some both. I’m not familiar with Airbus but the D checks generally are large (you are right) and therefore only happen once every 4,5,6 8 years or so. (Something like that).
So…if OQL was their latest delivery I rather dount it is down for a D check. Is Qantas making a large interior change…or did they run it off in a ditch?

If you want to know more about a D check, this was posted sometime ago in squawks but I did not find it.
If you have an hour or so…
British Airways Boeing 747-400 in D-Check - YouTube)
Just me, but I was enthralled.

Thanks Joel and Porterjet
I found this on YouTube quite easily and it is a good one hour program. They are quoting D Checks at about 6 years for BA and I also checked and VH-OQL was delivered in 2011 so is unlikely to be a D Check. I do not think they parked in a ditch. I would have heard about that!
Learning more every day. Thanks for the help and Happy New Year