International Flight FPLs

I play infinite flight and i use flight aware to get the correct FPLs for my flights. I fly JetBlue, but sometimes fly Iraqi Airways. Every time i track an international flight, it never has a filed FPL. Do international planes file FPLs or is there something wrong with FlightAware?

I just had a look at the Flightaware page for Jet Blue JBU10.

On the right hand side of the page is the Route with the Flight Plan

In this case

CDO UG446 BESAS L464 MANII L464 LAMER L453 LSIER L453 PAEPR HOBOH SILLY STINK YAALE YETTI MOUGH DONAA OWENZ CAMRN

Is this what you are looking for?

S.

No im asking is there something wrong with international airline FPLs because they never have a FPL in the history page. For example Iraqi 908 and Iraqi 238

All the flights I look at have a flightplan. They are mainly planes flying over the Indian Ocean as I have a receiver at Cocos Island and I want to see which aircraft wil fly over that waypoint.

If it is not showing on Flightaware I would suggest it is because it is not being supplied.

You should raise a support request and ask them directly.

I assume Infinite Flight is some sort of Flight Sim. Why in particular do you want to fly Iraqi Airways when there are so many others airlines to choose from?

S.

FlightAware only receives flight plan data from some air navigation service providers, where we have been able to make arrangements to receive that data. In the case of commercial airline flights without an ATC flight plan we will infer a flight plan based on the published airline schedule data. Otherwise we will try to detect the arrival and departure ourselves; we treat these flights as position-only and you must enabled position-only flights in your flightaware.com account to see them.

Flight plans are mandatory for any international flight but as Eric says Flight Aware does not receive the flight plan from every country. When one of those flights enters US or any airspace where the adjacent country does not pass on the flight plan the ATC facility will pass on the ETA at the border, route and altitude to the receiving ATC unit but the entire flight plan may, or may not, be passed on.