Improving signal noise

This is the GA aircraft :wink: Aerospool Dynamic WT-9, composite aircraft, 90 hp engine, cruising speed around 180kts , landing speed 120 kts :partying_face::innocent:

2 Likes

Very nice. Looks like a sleek piece of aero engineering there.

2 Likes

Or, a Cessna 150.

90 HP cruise and 180 knots!? Try doing that in a Ford F-150!

3 Likes

Mtow of the dynamic is 550 kg :innocent: high speed cruise 240 kts :partying_face: so it performs nicely :sunglasses:
Landingspeed of the Cessna is 70 kts

2 Likes

Poking around on the Vinnant site and found they have a new variant on offer for the CC1090/9P

Sold out also!

Reference RG58 cable:
Note:
The installation notice:
Make sure antenna is placed as high as possible with no
nearby objects at least 50cm away from the other
antenna.Antenna need to be on the top of the pole and
cannot be placed in the middle of the pole,unless you
use the horizontal stand-off arm,at least
FOREMENTIONED 50cm apart from the pole.
Use the high quality 50 Ohm low loss cable like H155 OR
H1000 and within 10m of lenght maximum.**Don´t use the
satellite cable as being 75Ohm neither RG58 which is
not suitable for this frequency and have high losses.
Don´t use any SO239-PL259 as pigtails for this high
frequency.

They make all antennas by hand and make them in batches. So sometimes you have to ask or have to be patient in order to get the right model. Most of my antennas come from this supplier. They perform as well as the original FA antenna but are usually better available. In the EU we regularly run out of stock on original FA dongles and antennas. Last 2 FA dongles I got were ordered and delivered in the USA and traveled to my place with a Delta Airlines flightsteward that travels on a regular schedule to the Netherlands.

Yes, I have sent a message to Vinnant and hope to get some feedback from them as soon as they resume operations on Monday. Seems you have a good network of contacts for acquiring your hard to source parts from the US.

Just placed an order for the 8-P that you suggested. Got the last one in stock. Received response from Stanislav at Vinnant during the night here and he suggested the same 8-P because of the shipping restrictions on the 133cm 9 series of antennas. Thanks for your support on suggesting the antenna.

1 Like

You’re welcome, let me know how it performs :partying_face::+1:t3:

2 Likes

FYI. 27 Euros shipping!

Economy to my country was 15, express delivery was 35 euro, did that once :sunglasses:

Yes, that looks like a very sweet bird. Sorry to stray off-topic lol!

I just changed out my 978 indoor antenna that I had been using (at about 15ft up on my 20ft pole) to the FA 978 antenna- installed at the same top 20ft point with my FA 1090 antenna. They’re vertically offset by a couple inches because of their U-bolt mounts, and are rotated about 45-60° apart.

I noticed a change in my 1090 graphs, starting around midday July 15th (when I completed my antenna work):

The weakest signal level increased, from hovering around -30 to around 27/28dB. You can just see at the beginning of the graph where I finished messing with the placement and the subsequent decrease in weakest signal:

What are the odds that placing the 978 and 1090 antennas so close together is affecting my reception? I am chasing maximum range in my case.

The antennas should be a minimum of 50cm [20 inches] apart from each other. What are the chances you can install a “T” bar at the top of the main pole and have the horizontal “T” bar 24" or longer and have the antennas clamp on to the horizontal bar with separation of 50cm of more? I know you need to fashion a vertical at each end of the horizontal to receive the antenna clamp but the options are there.

Just FYI. My new Vinnant 8-P just arrived by Post Office this afternoon from Slovakia. Well wrapped and looking like new as it should but one never knows after a long journey such as that. My wife says, now what did you get?

1 Like

Here it is referred to as a new toy for the big boy :stuck_out_tongue_winking_eye: have fun with it, when it is up and running it would be nice to see some graphs to see if it improved your reception

1 Like

Just replaced my FA 1090 antenna this morning at 11 EST USA with the Vinnant 8-P. Same exact setup with no other changes to maximize change control. Same height, location and coax. No graphs as yet but it’s in my job jar. Hope all is well in the Amsterdam.

1 Like

Just checked your FA stats, they are going up :+1:t2:

Thanks Bud. I am seeing immediate results on increased distances to my east where I have always had consistent gaps. Feels good to have the results move in a positive direction.

2 Likes