I give up on the photo upload

Tried uploading photos I took of CG aircraft over a 20 year career. I had added some text to the digitally scanned pictures (from slide film), including a “courtesy of …” my name only to be told that’s a watermark which cannot be on the photo. MY PHOTO! I’m the owner. Makes it harder for someone to download and claim they are the owners.

I have hundreds of military photos I could upload but FA doesn’t seem to allow them. Perhaps I am misreading the policy. I read it to mean no watermark from others, not yourself. I guess the mean “no watermark whatsoever.”

Welcome to the forum, I am sure someone will clarify this for you re the watermark.

When I share images I tend to arrange them in some cloud album (google, dropbox, Facebook etc) then share a link to the album. Often options to achieve the same outcome.

Geffers

It’s not in the policy. It’s in the guidelines. I was dinged recently as well, and informed that the policy doesn’t allow text. The policy says nothing about that (at least last I checked a couple days ago). The guidelines, do, though. About Photos - FlightAware