How to set maximum results size properly using Nodejs

Howdy,
I’m implementing a test script using NodeJS and restler to pull airport departure data. I know that I need to set the variable SetMaximumResultSize for my account (at least once) to allow > 15 results to be returned, but I’m a JS noob and It’s not clear to me how I set that. Is it passed as part of the URL? a term in the query? Any tips (or examples!) are greatly appreciated.

Matthew

Have you already seen the nodejs example that is on the documentation page? Or demonstrates how to call some other JSON methods in FlightXML. Calling SetMaximumResultSize is very similar.

Thank you for getting back to me. I have been using the documentation example as a template, and I have a working script that requests Scheduled data and writes it out to a text file using log.write. It’s taken me a bit to get here but it’s starting to make sense. I’m imagining I’d need to start with a restclient.post call or something similar and maybe get it to work but it would be a lot of fumbling around.

TIA,
Matthew

This is what I have so far:

restclient.get(fxml_url + 'SetMaximumResultSize', {
	username: username,
    password: apiKey,
    query: {max_size: 24}

}).on('success', function(result, response) {    
     util.puts('Max Size successfully set to 24');
 }
);

It returns a successful query but the results number stays at 15. Anyone with some guidance?

Thanks, Matt P.

It seems to work for me:

restclient.get(fxml_url + 'SetMaximumResultSize', {
    query: {max_size: 24}
    util.puts('successfully set');

restclient.get(fxml_url + 'MetarEx', {
        query: {airport: 'KAUS', howMany: 30}
        util.puts('Got ' + result.MetarExResult.metar.length);
    });

});

Output is:

successfully set
Got 24

Notice that the howMany of 30 in my MetarEx calls was limited to the maximum value of 24 specified in the SetMaximumResultSize call, even though I requested a higher number.

Thanks! This works really well now that I have a better idea of the form.

Matt P.