Harrison Ford's aircraft

Anyone know the N-numbers for any of Harrison Ford’s aircraft? The only two I’ve been able to find are the following:

De Havilland Canada DHC-2 Beaver - N28S - flightaware.com/live/flight/N28S
Aviat Husky A-1B - N6HY

I believe he also owns the following aircraft that I haven’t been able to find the N-numbers for:

Cessna Citation CJ3
Beech Bonanza B36T3
Cessna 208B Grand Caravan
1929 Waco Taperwing
Bell 407

Caravan N53U
Bell 35L, and
Taperwing 5HX are registered to MG Aviation out of Santa Monica, CA. That is have home base, so I’m assuming these are his planes, but his Beave and Aviat are registered with GBH avition. Who know how many companies he has set up.

I believe he also owns the following aircraft that I haven’t been able to find the N-numbers for:

Cessna Citation CJ3

If you goto FAA site and search under make then by state, you can usually figure them out, even with shadow names as owner. I just looked up Cessna 525B and out of 10 in California this one seemed obvious. N51HF

http://registry.faa.gov/aircraftinquiry/acftinqSQL.asp?striptxt=525b&mfrtxt=cessna&modeltxt=525b&cmndfind.x=0&cmndfind.y=0

I just looked up Cessna 525B and out of 10 in California this one seemed obvious. N51HF

The ‘obvious’ N51HF doesn’t look very obvious to me. FA shows N51HF as a blocked aircraft registered to HFL Express LLC. One website (found via Google) reports, “RW Hertel & Sons,Inc. … has been building cheap housing for years … he runs HFL Express, LLC and others (and) owns several Private Jets…” (Btw, the sites I looked at are not complimentary to this Hertel guy, but that’s not relevant to our discussion as far as I’m concerned.)

Search some more for Harrison Ford’s plane.

Ford’s tail number for the CJ3 is N5GU.

and for those interested in Travolta’s 707…

N707JT

Cheers

Unrelated question: How do I locate the tail number for a sea plane? I know owner’s name and location and other aircraft they own is listed but can’t find the seaplane. Don’t think there’s a fractional ownership. I have a bad photo of it but can’t see the numbers. Any tips appreciated.

If you shared that info we might be able to help.

Go to registry.faa.gov/aircraftinquiry … nquiry.asp
Don’t enter any punctuation in the name. .

Thanks for the tips. I had tried that, no listing. Guess it’s owned by someone else, or co-owned. I’d rather not post the info here but open to any other tips. Thought maybe sea planes registered elsewhere. It’s a nice plane. Has what looks like a boat engine sticking up off the top of the fuselage just behind the cockpit. Just wanted to add it to my Flightaware alerts – nifty little new feature!!

Is it on floats or is it an amphibian?

Sounds like a Lake amphib:

www1.airliners.net/open.file/1140554/M/

Try searching the FAA database by aircraft type.

The FAA doesn’t care what type of aircraft it is - seaplanes are no different than land planes when it comes to registrations.
My only other tip is to either give information so we can help you or just don’t bring it up.

Then why are you looking here for help?

That’s a great idea!!! Thanks, I will try that! Yes, it’s an amphib very similiar to that, but a little bigger. If only they could be turned over and used for fishing expeditions lol.

Damiross, I tried to use proper grammar just for you :wink:

Newark777, I’m posting here because you all are experts. :smiley:

Did it have 2 engines or one? The only other single engine seaplane of that size might be the Republic Seabee (or twin-bee), two of the oddest looking production aircraft that I’ve seen. Maybe the Sikorsky S-39 flying boat?
If it had two, that increases the numbers of seaplanes that match that description. Like a Grumman Goose or Widgeon, Consolidated PBY Catalina, the Russian Bereiv series of aircraft, the Canadair CL-215 or -415, the Sikorsky S-39 (twin engine) flying boat, etc…

Those are some goofy lookin’ sea planes!! LOL Colorful, I must say. Only one engine on the one I’m looking for. cfijames, I sent you a PM, thanks!