I noticed also, the flightaware control panel would try and send a command and I would get a blank screen, and the command never arrived at my computer.
I didn’t see a whole lot of CPU being used by beast-splitter or piaware, but when I connected to the dump1090 it would have no planes. Then about a minute later maybe 2 planes.
I tried telnet to port 30005 and whoosh there was a bunch of data coming in from the beast.
The data wasn’t going to flightaware, or dump1090 though.
My feeling was that the beast binary just wasn’t being processed fast enough.
But I didn’t analyze it to death, it was either it works or it don’t, using the stock config, or into the junk drawer. The PiB+ works out of the box, I did nothing. Out of the box the pi0W just took a nap.