Something else though; now the system is telling me undervoltage and throttling has occured.
I did not get these undervoltage/throttling errors before. I didn’t get them in the past, not yesterday but only now. Guess both 5V phone chargers (1A and 3A) have problems, so will order the official RPi power supply.
It did. And as it turned out; that old phone charger isn’t faulty; I just replaced the other (3A) phone charger with the official RPi power supply and it was working for some minutes but down again.
So to me it comes down to either:
Raspberry Pi (hardware failure, doub it, that would cause all sorts of problems I don’t have, except maybe some sort of USB hardware failure)
FA orange stick (hardware failure)
bias tee injector (hardware failure; power LED is on though)
Some weird external influence on the reception.
(I’m currently doing this test: Do I Need A Filter?)
I think I have an old 1st-gen RPi model B somewhere; I replaced it with the RPi 3B+ since the old RPi couldn’t handle the increased load, but I may be able to swap the RPi 3 with the old RPi and see if the RPi3 is failing.
Could it be wlan network connectivity? Not sure how that would affect the stats collection, but it could explain why no data is send to FA and you can not access Skyaware, and why it happens during the day (neighbors streaming Netflix etc).
I don’t think you need spectrum testing.
Well actually, install the most recent version of graphs1090, a couple months back i re-added the noise floor graph.
If it goes to -0 that means it’s interference.
Well or the LNA only producing noise i suppose.
I wouldn’t expect the rtl-sdr LNA to be overwhelmed by interference, it’s very unlikely.
I’m trying to pinpoint when it al started. First the same graph for the last 3 months:
So once or twice in May. But it really starts going in the middle of July:
(Graph is the last 30 days)
I haven’t changed anything to the setup in since I installed it this way on December 11, 2020.
The only thing changed is that I installed the case fan on June 26 which lowered the maximum core temp with about 10-15 degrees.
So, anyone a clue what causes the interference, interference is something I really don’t know much about…