Every day my receiver gets overloaded

Putting the LNA outside should be sufficient.

Looks like good range though :slight_smile:

2 Likes

Maybe i should clarify:

If the coupling over via the window connector is indeed the problem then a outside receiver will still be superior to routing the amplified signal via the window connector.

But the noise problem should be severly reduced.

Maybe the location of the antenna is the problem though and that can only be solved by another location for the antenna.

2 Likes

That’s why I moved the antenna for some meters already. When I switch the ip-sat receiver on/off now, I cannot see any effect anymore. I will do a scan. But it shouldn’t be a problem.

1 Like

Adding an amplifier to a system with ‘issues’ is more likely to make things worse than better.

I suspect you have a break in coax shield somewhere. My guess would be at the window pass-through.
Can you try putting an antenna inside (before the pass-through)?

1 Like

Hey. What the software you are using to make these plots? They sure are useful for troubleshooting.

Thanks in advance.

Graphs for dump1090 – my version with install script

1 Like

Noisy Neighbors perhaps?

OK, took me some time. But now my receiver has gone into a nice box and has been placed outside. Percepetion is better than before. Ground traffic of near EDDB is great. Here are some pictures for you guys, because I always like to see picture of your installations.

Will optimize the wiring and positioning later on. For now the pi has a fan and a IP66 box.

system-localhost-temperature_metric-7d

Wish you all a happy new year!

bdc

5 Likes