Editing own comment in a squawk

Number of times an error is committed, spelling or grammar or simply a wrong word and we post it. All this is noticed LATER! Can a feature like ‘edit’ be added with ‘post my squawk’ . Yes, I am sure ALL members do tend to read over before submitting. But yet mistakes occur.
Yes, I do understand and foresee the problem if some one has made a comment in the mean time. In such a case such ‘edit’ provision can be made ineffective!

2 Likes

EIGHT YEARS! since you asked this question and still no can edit or delete own posts.

1 Like

I too would appreciate instructions on how to edit or withdraw a squawk posting.

Unfortunately a F-35 crashed today in our community and I just posted an unnecessary secondary squawk (not realizing that a similar posting had occurred 2 hours earlier).

I had checked current & past 24 hour squawks to make sure I wouldn’t be adding a redundant article as I started preparing my squawk submission… but yikes… it was too late.

I should have have looked at Squawks & Headlines - FlightAware (link to new) before posting :frowning:

Is there a way a submitter can withdrawal a squawk?

Unfortunately, right now there is no option to update or edit a squawk for the user. I have passed the suggestion to allow users these abilities. Until then, if you need to update or edit a squawk, please contact our support team at support@flightaware.com