Edit config.js differences

I have two sites at same location one of which I use for my change tries before making changes to my main site. As of now one site is loaded with stretch and piaware add on while the other is piaware image. Somewhere along the line I had neglected to edit config.js to add range rings and Bing maps so yesterday I made changes to both sites.

My old links in my browser were configured differently, one pointed to [site IP]:8080 while the other to [site IP]/dump1090-fa/ or I may not have seen differences. My changes work using :8080 but not /dump1090-fa/ on both sites. Everything else seems to be normal with both address methods.

Question is am I creating a problem for me or flightaware which is not seen by me by making this edit???

FAA Sectionals as Skyview Map

You can change the mapping service to one you like. Google maps and Bing maps now limit the number of map views per month and are disabled by default… Skyview map uses openmaps and doesn’t have the limit. You can change the map viewer by editing the javascript files.

Question is am I creating a problem for me or flightaware which is not seen by me by making this edit???

There is nothing preventing changes to the map or port number. During PiAware update some of the default settings will return and sometimes not. It depends on what is updated. You can easily just reapply the changes back. If you turn off automatic updates then you can control when the updates happen and then you can reapply the changes at that time.

The local data viewer doesn’t effect how FlightAware receives data. It only changes how the data is displayed on your side.