Departure and Arrival airport

Hi beautiful people on the internet. I’m new to ads-b tracking. I’ve managed to setup the pi aware successfully and i track flights too. What i did not find was the departure and arrival airport of a flight in the ads-b data. The thing i want to achieve is i want to track a specific plane with it’s departure and arrival location with data such as flight duration and stuff. I know a lot of them will tell me to use the airline callsign and consume some api to get the data but i want to track the flight offline. So there’s no scope of internet and hence no api calls can be made.
Is there any way to achieve it ?

Select an aircraft and then the blue button “Visit Flight Page”. The flight page shows all the info you mention.

Hi @chrislfa thank you for the reply. The visit flight page takes me to flight aware site hence it requires internet. But in my use case i don’t have internet connectivity. Is it possible to get those data without any active internet connection.

Thank you. Once again

I’m not sure how you could access this data (filed flight plans) without being able to connect somewhere to retrieve it. I think the best you can manage offline with your own setup is to record the track for later replay (eg using Virtual Radar Server as a logger) but that’s not what you are really asking about. Someone else may know more.

1 Like

Departure and arrival airport data is not transmitted as part of ADS-B, so you can’t do this purely from ADS-B.

You could perhaps approximate it while offline if you had a prepopulated database of likely callsign-to-route mappings (I believe this is what VRS does), but even that’s not particularly reliable.

2 Likes

Thanks @obj that’s exactly what i wanted to know. Even i saw callsign-route mapping on virtual radar’s github repo. Though as you said, it’s not reliable.

Thanks you once again.

Thanks @chrislfa got your point.