Debian-11 amd64 / x86_64 : Install Pre-built Packages of piaware 8.2

2 Likes

BONUS: How to install feeders to other sites, and performance graphs on Debian 11, amd64:

(1) Flightradar24
(2) Planefinder
(3) AdsbExchange
(4) Performance Graphs

1 of 4: Install Flightradar24 feeder on amd64/x86_64 computer:

wget https://repo-feed.flightradar24.com/linux_x86_64_binaries/fr24feed_1.0.25-3_amd64.deb  

sudo dpkg -i fr24feed_1.0.25-3_amd64.deb  

## Run following command to signup/configure
## Do NOT select receiver type "1 - DVB-T"
## Select "4 - AVR-TCP"

sudo fr24feed --signup   

2 of 4 : Install Planefinder feeder on amd64/x86_64 computer:

wget http://client.planefinder.net/pfclient_5.0.162_amd64.deb

sudo dpkg -i pfclient_5.0.162_amd64.deb

To signup / configure Plane finder,

Go to web page

• On Debian computer:
    localhost:30053
  • SSH from another computer:
    IP-OF-Denian Computer:30053

3 of 4 : Install Adsbexchange feeder on amd64/x86_64 computer:

curl -L -o /tmp/axfeed.sh https://adsbexchange.com/feed.sh

sudo bash /tmp/axfeed.sh

4 of 4 : Install @wiedehopf 's Performance Graphs on Debian 11, amd64/x86_64 computer:

sudo bash -c "$(curl -L -o - https://github.com/wiedehopf/graphs1090/raw/master/install.sh)"  

1 Like

Thanks, excellent!

I’m trying to build the latest sources on my Pi4 with bullseye 64-bit myself but run into this error, any tips?

In file included from cpu_features/src/cpuinfo_arm.c:15:
cpu_features/include/cpuinfo_arm.h:118:2: error: #error "Including cpuinfo_arm.h from a non-arm target."
  118 | #error "Including cpuinfo_arm.h from a non-arm target."
      |  ^~~~~
make[2]: *** [Makefile:206: cpu_features/src/cpuinfo_arm.o] Error 1
make[2]: *** Waiting for unfinished jobs....
make[2]: Leaving directory '/home/pi/dump1090/package-bullseye'
dh_auto_build: error: make -j4 ARCH=arm64 RTLSDR=yes BLADERF=yes HACKRF=yes LIMESDR=yes DUMP1090_VERSION=8.2 returned exit code 2
make[1]: *** [debian/rules:48: override_dh_auto_build] Error 2

To build from source code on Pi4 with 64bit bullseye, use the automated scripts here:

Build & Install Piaware ver 8.2 on amd64 / x86_64, and arm64 / aarch64 Computers Using Sripts

Thanks! – Tried it and it runs fine on master but also breaks on dev tree with the same error msg.

Looks like an issue in commit a13cdc9830b4be31e63e9ef07459b241beedbeb5

Commit a13cdc9 is latest commit in dev branch:

Fix host vs build var naming. Use DEB_HOST_ARCH in package builds.

I dont know how to resolve build failure you have faced. Only developers @obj and @eric1tran can advise you how to resolve it.

Build from master for now - there’s no other changes on the dev branch. I needed the DEB_HOST_ARCH change to migrate our build host to a 64-bit OS but so far we’re still only building 32-bit packages there (which is where the DEB_HOST_ARCH change is needed). There’s probably still some wrinkles to iron out for 64-bit.

(Probably it’s just that Makefile.cpufeatures needs to be taught about aarch64 vs arm64 vs arm, in much the same way that the main makefile does; there’s confusion between the Linux uname [“aarch64”] and the Debian arch name [“arm64”])

edit: try current dev branch including 542bfca, untested commit that might help on arm64

1 Like

My Github scripts build ver 8.2 packages using source code from master branch on 64Bit RaspberryPiOS and 64Bit Ubuntu on RPi, without any issue.

@byraspi is trying to build from dev branch for reason and advantage unknown to me.

Thanks and yes, 542bfca does indeed solve my issue!

Just out of curiosity, why you want to use dev branch instead of the main branch, specially when the main branch itself is very recent?

Absolutely, and I’m with George Mallory on this: “because it’s there”. – Actually, I’m just curious, trying to help a bit with debugging etc.

:wink: For the same reason, couple of month ago I installed piaware, dump1090-fa, and dump978-fa on Debian 12 Bookworm Testing (SID). All three worked perfectly well.

Last week I downloaded latest release of Debian 12 Bookworm SID, and tried to install dump1090 and piaware. Both got built and installed, and working, but Skyaware map had no aircraft, although Piaware was reporting “received xxx messages from dump1090-fa, sent xxx messages to flightaware”.

I simply quit and uninstalled Debian12 Bookworm Testing (SID) :sunglasses:

1 Like

Makes sense; one also does not know if Mallory ever made it to the top of Everest, maybe this is one of the reasons the quote is quite often attributed to Sir Edmund Hillary… :wink:

This topic was automatically closed 365 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.