Dead Pro Stick?

This is the blue one, the Pro Stick.

@gcopter
@belzybob

As we are in the subject of using ProStick on Windows, following thread will be useful reference:

Installation of Pro Stick on Windows

The 2nd post of this thread describes method of installation & configuration of following:

(A) Driver Zadig

(B) Following Receiver-Decoder Software:

• dump1090 (Malcolm Robb) for Windows
  • ModeSDeco2
  • RTL1090

@Dxista
@gcopter

I have both the ProStick (orange) and ProStick Plus (blue). Both work OK with Windows and Pi.

There is no difference between the blue and orange ones as far as interface with Windows & Pi is concerned. The difference is in the RF stage where blue has a filter, and orange does not have a filter, but this difference in no way affects interface with Windows or PI.

Both blue and orange are in use for about two years now.

I have noticed both in WindoZe 7 and 10, clean installation, and driver option automatic download
the rtl-sdr device is been detected as a sound device and in device manager is under ‘Sound’ not "USB’.
a. change the setting for manual driver installation ( Never… etc.)
b. uninstall the device under ‘Sound’ and then unplug it.
c. re-plug the device and this time will show as Bulk-in interface. from there you follow the tutorials ref zadig etc.

driverinf

i am sure though under win 10 will be a lot more complicated…

a quick check for a dead device : plug it in , if there is no sound (beep) and no detection bottom right in task bar, then there is something wrong with the device.

HTH / brgds / Evangel

1 Like