Is my flightaware stick dead?

Hi,
I have a Pi set up to feed data to FlightRadar24, which it has been doing without problems. However, suddenly, I discovered that it has not been sending data. I have been using a FlightAware Pro Stick Plus plugged directly into my pi. I’ve tried it in all 4 USB ports of the pi and nothing changes.

I stopped the feed, disabled dump1050 and ran the command rtl_test -t and got a message ‘no supported devices found’

I then plugged the stick into my Windows 10 PC and got an error saying USB device not recognised - ‘the last USB device that you connected to this computer malfunctioned and Windows does not recognise it.’ I tried to use Zadig to check the dongle, but upon opening Zadig the stick is shown as ‘Unknown USB device’ when I list all devices.

Does this likely mean that the FlightAware stick has malfunctioned and needs replacing?

Many thanks.

1 Like

I had a similar ‘failure’ on my 978 system.
It turns out that the short USB cable supplied with the FA receiver kit had failed with less than 30 days use.
Replaced it with a spare I had laying around and have been running strong ever since.
Good luck.
J