Daily Total of Planes and Positions by Local Time

I would like to see the addition of a daily total of planes / positions / messages (?) in our local time. I can envision it being something like the below. It would be in LOCAL time not UTC, and could be implemented on a mouse over (either on a separate box as below, or any of the boxes for a particular day).

I realize we currently get time on the hour that is highlighted, but I would like to see the addition of totals for that particular day. I know messages would be a questionable one, but I can see planes / positions being possible.

Maybe something like …

The aircraft counts and position counts have their own info panels. I neither see a messages count nor do I think it would be useful.

Those are UTC not local.

I didn’t notice that. I keep all of my computers (notebooks) set to UTC. Otherwise, I’d be resetting the clocks frequently as I move about.

2 Likes

This is trickier than you’d think, because the daily counts are unique aircraft counts so it is not simply a matter of adding up some range of hourly buckets. We maintain the extra state for UTC days, but trying to also do it for a (diffferent per user, changing over time) local timezone would be expensive.

Thank you for your reply.