CORRECTION: graphs1090 database size is bounded (see discussion)

Just discovered graphs1090, and just installed. MIND. BLOWN. Really great work, @wiedehopf!! Starting to see the graphs!

Was wondering – do you have any plans to add support for automatically deleting data older than a specified age, e.g. older than 1 week, 1 month, etc? I do not see a parameter for it in the graph1090 config file.

I see that there is a way to bound the size of an rrd database by using RRAs (“round robin archives”), described here: RRDtool - rrdtool. Example usage here: RRDtool - rrd-beginners. Looking at your code, it appears that you are not using RRAs for that purpose, currently. Any plans to add this in the future?

Also, how much runtime overhead does this impose? I’m running on a very anemic platform – a Linux VM on an 11 year old Netbook with an Intel N450 1.66GHz single-core CPU running Windows 10 32-bit.

Found this discussion which answers the question about where the data is stored, and how to delete the data. Graphs for dump1090 -- my version with install script - #74 by wiedehopf

Thanks!!

Curt

Look again.
DB size is constant.

1 Like

My apologies. I only took a quick look. It wasn’t obvious to me how you’re managing that. What is the max size, and is this configurable? There doesn’t seem to be an option for that in the config file.

No config options.
The RRAs are configured in the collectd.conf
Changes won’t take effect unless you delete the existing dataset.
Well you can do some trickery with changing the format see the script for that.

But i don’t see any need so won’t be able to assist you with that.

1 Like

OK, thanks. BTW, the graphs are fascinating. Congrats and thanks for providing such a useful tool. Brilliant work!!

1 Like

For those of you who may not be familiar w/ how collectd and rrd work (I definitely was not), I found this article quite useful and informative: Understanding collectd and rrdtool – Richard Downer. It explains how the two work together.

This topic was automatically closed 365 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.