Cirrus Crashes Thread

In response to CessnaCitationX, I decided to make a thread to list all the Cirrus crashes. It is tedious to do this for every Cirrus crash which happens all too often.

To start it off:
Cirrus SR22 crash in Faribault MN (southern MN)
ap.google.com/article/ALeqM5gjoc … AD8T5L0700

I am getting worried that there won’t be any more docters left when the Cirrus’s finish them off.

Conspiracy anyone :unamused: :unamused: :unamused: :unamused:

That’s what they said about the V-Tail Bonanza. In fact is was called “the Dr. killer” in some circles back in the day.

I believe the technical term at the time was forked tailed doctor killer.

I always thought that referred to the P-38!

And the split tailed Dr. killer was another name for a jilted wife… :open_mouth:

And which one was called the Yellow Bellied Lard Canard Snickerdoodle? (sorry, I’m lacking serious aviation knowledge in this topic) :cry:

That’s not what it’s called! Flightaware is a family website! :blush:

News update and video.

May they RIP! How can a plane be upside down above the runway ? heavy windshear ?

Wake turbulence?

:question: :question: At Faribault MN :question: :question:

Not too likely based on average traffic.

Aircraft based on the field: 75
Single engine airplanes: 58
Multi engine airplanes: 5
Helicopters: 4
Gliders airplanes: 8
Aircraft operations: avg 51/day *
87% local general aviation
12% transient general aviation
<1% military
<1% air taxi

you know those gliders are known for the wicked vortices…

I know there is no heavy a/c operating there. This was just my theory on what could turn an a/c shiny side down over the rwy.

My initial thought was a base to final turn in which a wind gust may have flipped 'er over since it was a Xwind landing. I haven’t read the article though to know what leg of the pattern the plane was in.

Allen

Airmanship 101.

Aerobatics? “Here, hold my beer, son… Watch’iss!”

Pilot describes his experience of pulling the BRS Parachute on his SR-22 two years ago. He describes getting vertigo, stalling the aircraft, and pulling the chute.
News story and click video icon.

I am getting worried that there won’t be any more docters left when the Cirrus’s finish them off.

Conspiracy anyone

Really not a topic to joke about (even if you are poking more fun at Cirrus then the pilots). Also a good chunk of cirrus pilots are not docters but rather they do something with computers (computer programers etc.)

I can’t help it, but i find cirrus planes badly finished and they remain just 'plastic sh!t"…

For curiousity’s sake, I looked through 10 random NTSB records on various Cirrus birds. With the exception of 1 incident with relation to two others (it was turbocharger that had come apart on 3 aircraft from the factory) the probable causes all read “The pilot’s…” . I know with the NTSB reports , 98% are going to say the probable cause is because of the pilot’s lack, inability, etc etc, but, they’re pretty much correct.
I remember with the Bonanzas, you’d always hear of some pilot who’d load up the family and the bags, and the sink, and attempt to take off from Aspen in the middle of Summer with full tanks. You have to operate in the performance envelope of the aircraft. Just because you spent $250,000 on an airplane (I’ll attempt to explain that in a moment) doesn’t mean it will do anything you dream it to do.
Granted they’re loaded with all glass, composite material, blah blah, however it’s NTSB reports pointing to pilot error that drive up the insurance and cost of this hobby/job we love. Fly within your and your aircraft’s limitations! Plain and simple.
For the record, this is no attack on the accident that this was posted about, I have not heard of it, nor have any info on it, I just hate how fingers get pointed to an aircraft that has been proven to been mistreated by the operator and yet it takes the blame.

MU-2 anyone?

and Piper Meridian. They basically did a full recertification of that plane after several fatal accidents before concluding that the plane was ok and the pilots not capable of flying in high altitude regimes.