Any interesting trends from Covid-19

1 Like

After a couple of days of slight increases, they’re back on the way down again. I’ve dropped in the global stats from around 450 to 1125.

There are now only three feeders outside of the US in the top 1,000 stations on FlightAware.

Aircraft down by 4.6% from Tuesday Wednesday
Messages down by 4.7% from Tuesday to Wednesday

1 Like

In the UK over the past several days we have had high barometric pressure and with that some nice sunny days with perfect blue skies.
It has been great not to see wispy vapour trails criss crossing that perfect blue sky.
One good side effect of the cv-19 pandemic :grinning:

1 Like

There is a guy that is now flying with the Callsign ANDRATTB

In italian means Andrà ( Is going to be ) TTutto ( all ) Bene (well)

Nice message for thi COVID situation

8 Likes

Another „pair“ of aircraft, two KC-135 Stratotanker, maybe flying to Mildenhall?

And other military jets, VIRUS11 is a Eurofighter Typhoon, I did not find anything on SHOCK11 and 12 (there was a SHOCK13 before but I lost the signal). Hopefully just using comparatively empty sky for excercise.

My long term average was 2500 per day, now i am at 500…

I’ve seen a lot more military stuff over the last week or so, there were a load of Apaches out from Wattisham yesterday and a Herc going round and round in a racetrack pattern. there’s been a bunch of EF2000s about and right now I can see three Lynxs down on the south coast.

3 Likes

I had a flight of 4 EC135 (or similar) fly over me together yesterday. Only one was showing up on the map though. Tracking it’s route back it came all the way from Germany via a few fuel stops on the way. I guess it was a delivery flight from Eurocopter to the RAF, since they were painted in the same colours the RAF training aircraft use. They didn’t have a military registration or flight code though.

2 Likes

Had my first “zero hour” last night. I’ve been between 1-3 aircraft in the 2am hour for a few days now, but this is the first time I have received nothing since this all started.

Our airspace was shut down from 27 March. Since then, I get the odd cargo plane. I think I have seen 1 (ONE) GA plane in this time.

Mine is definitely trending downward, but not as quickly as I expected. I am close enough to PDX to see most of their traffic above 800 feet or so, and I am also more or less directly under the northbound approach to SEA.

I used to pick up a fair number of Asia flights on the great circle from SFO and LAX, and I usually catch Hawaii to SEA traffic as well.

Starting to be consistently around ~400 flights per day, counting local GA stuff, where I was seeing 900+ two months ago.

I’m up fractionally on yesterday but I’m not going to post the figures as it’s just a couple of percent. It’s been pretty stable, plus or minus 5% since the weekend. I wonder if this has reached the bottom now.

2 Likes

Today

Nato…circle

2 Likes

Oh yes, very cool.

2 Likes

Spotted that, too :grinning:

1 Like

Another rescue mission? The same aircraft apparently picked up injured tourists on Madeira a while ago.

1 Like

Boeing E-3A AWACS
LX-N90452 4D03CA
In Romania this morning
Boeing E-3A AWACS

3 Likes

This is not a typical Friday over Germany

Well to net it out, a lot of us are more concerned with personal safety, food and shelter than hobbies. I’m square in the age group at risk. Traffic here is down 75 to 80% but certainly not zero.
I don’t care. It will pick up when its time.