I was finally able to get enough cable and the right mount to move my wall-mounted antenna to a chimney-mount antenna tonight. I still don’t have QUITE enough cable to route it the way I want, so I’ll be ordering some 60’ or 75’ cable soon, but this gets me up high, and that makes me insanely happy.
- FlightAware ADS-B antenna & Orange Dongle into a Pi B+
- Wilson Electronics 50’ LMR-400 coax
- Skywalker Y-Type Chimney mount kit
- Skywalker 4’ grounding rod
- 50’ 10ga grounding wire
- Gas Tube Lightning arrestor
- Channel Master 5’ steel antenna mast
Hooked all up tonight and instantly started tracking about 3 times the number of aircraft as I did for the same time of day beforehand. So incredibly happy about it. Need to get the cable length right and routed down some conduit and then add a 978MHz antenna at some point in the future before calling it done and good.