Air Canada seen at Chicago Midway Airport

kinda weird must have been a emergency landing Midway doesnt do international flights

Porter Airlines would disagree with you.

porter and volaris also but not air canada

But you didn’t say that - you made a blanket statement that there aren’t international flights at MDW. :open_mouth:

Doesn’t even have to be an international flight, could just be a hockey charter.

Colorado Avalanche: flightaware.com/live/flight/ACA7 … /KDTW/KMDW

OKAY THAT WAS A ERROR

See that it doesn’t happen again or Damiross will taunt you some more!

It will be hamsters and elderberries from here on out…

When the Raptors play the Bulls or a Canadian team plays the BlackHawks, AirCanada will often be found at Midway. For the record Volaris the mexican low-cost carrier also performs international flights.

Air Canada routinely does charters to MDW, so does United.

If I remember correctly, and this is from a conversation I had with a friend of mine who controlled at KBUR (any other controllers here, feel free to pitch in)…

Any airport can basically be an international airport in the US. All that it takes is Customs being available to process the arrival or departure.

Take an airport like KSBD (San Bernardino). It is an int’l airport, yet there pretty much isn’t anything there. However Customs is easily accessible there, as it is a short trip for them from KONT.

Also, note that similar exists for KGYY, which is also an international airport, yet there is no Customs base there. They can make the drive from ORD.

Opposite exists as well. KCRQ and KOMA are customs rights landing airports, yet they aren’t officially called an ‘international’ airport, despite Customs having a base of operations there.

Either way, in the A/FD, MDW is listed as an International Airport, and an International Port of Entry, so it would be apropos that int’l flights also land there.

BL.

Your friend is correct, Tyketto.

Many folks think that an airport has to have international scheduled airline service to be an international airport. That’s wrong, has given by the airports you mentioned.

NOT TO MENTION IVE ACTUALLY SEEN A UNITED AIRLINE PLANE AT KMDW COUPLE MONTHS AGO AND YES KMDW HAS BEEN RECIEVING LOTS OF CHARTER SERVICE MOST THE AIRCRAFT ARE AIRBUS 320s

A few years ago Sioux Falls, SD (FSD) receive the “international airport” designation due to one UPS aircraft stopping there originating in Canada (i think Winnipeg or Calgary) and ending at UPS HQ. It was a scheduled freight stop for quite a few years. I think it was a 727. Currently one Airbus 300? or 310 loads/unloads every night. There were occasionally charters to mexico. There is a customs office here and facilities for cargo or passengers.