2-bit correction with --fix --fix in dump1090-fa 3.8

The flightradar24 client is definitely not aware of net-verbatim, since they emailed me to enquire if I was actually receiving 50,000 aircraft per day. On investigating I found that their client does not do error correction or checking on received messages, so the list of aircraft fills up with junk. Best leave it disabled until they update their client (if they ever do) to be aware of it if you feed them as well. I did tell them about it, so the ball is in their court.

2 Likes

The automatic update to Dump1090 3.8.0 replaced graphs.js with no option to keep the current file. The update process allowed me to keep the current dump1090-fa configuration file. At least there should be a warning that some configuration files will be replaced.

meanwhile officially announced:

As i understood you just use --fix --fix to fix 2 bit errors coming from the airspy set to verbatim.

FR24 and others wonā€™t get those 2 bit corrected messages.
piaware/faup1090 will request net-verbatim and only correct the 1 bit errors.

Thatā€™s if i understood correctly.

I feel lucky that I dont have any fancy dongle like Air Spy. No headaches for 2-bit, verbatim, --fix etc etc :wink:

1 Like

Yep that seems correct - FR24 client isnā€™t going nuts with that set.

Yeah, thatā€™s the plan. Trying to break as few other things as possible here :slight_smile:

3 Likes

I read the changelog.
Has anybody a link to a ā€œtechnicalā€ page where all those terms are explained or placed in a context I can better understand :blush:
My knowledge about antennas and electronic stuff is none to zeroā€¦
Thank you