Wow! Before FA 1090 Antenna and after!

Wow,

Did a lot of researching from all the posts people have put up here in reference to improving my signal. I started with the FA Pro stick dongle. Was hooked up to a spare antenna I had laying around (Up in the attic).

I recently purchased 25 feet of LMR 400 cable and the FA 1090 antenna! I put it up in the attic as high as possible.

I’ve enclosed pictures. Im sure you can figure out the before and after. Here is the direct link to my dump1090

njics.bounceme.net:8080

Greate! Most users of FA 26" antenna have similar experience as yours.

FA 26" antenna is a good antenna with a very good price.

Do you use FA Filter? Adding FA filter also improves reception, but not in all cases. It depends on location and rf noise. It is hard to predict, and can only be determined by actually trying the filter.

This is great to hear/see, as I’m planning on getting one of these (and my first Piaware) very soon. Thanks for linking for feed, as it’s cool to see it in action (and in my area - I’m at PHL). But why are so many flights missing their callsign?

I cant agree more I bought 33ft of Lmr440 with the Fa antenna and its on the roof at 80ft. what a difference at night when aircraft heading to Europe .Would solar activity have any impact on the day traffic ?

That’s just the way it is in the US - many aircraft don’t set it.

Yes, because you are located near CYHZ (Helifax, Nova Scotia, Canada) and some of the NAT (north atlantic tracks) pass over /close to your location.

Please see image below showing NAT. The airport YHZ is at bottom left, just below the box labelled “CYYT St John’s”.

Click on thumbnail to see full size image (1,752px × 1,240px)
https://s20.postimg.org/89d5w0yih/NAT_Chart.jpg

The traffic from west bound North Atlantic Tracks (NAT) A to G pass over Canadian Province Newfoundland and Labrador. This traffic peaks during day (Eastern Time).

The traffic to east bound North Atlantic Tracks (NAT) U to Z pass over Canadian Province Nova Scotia. This traffic peaks during night (Eastern Time).

https://s20.postimg.org/5yf3runr1/atlantic_tracks2.gif

Note that the exact tracks change from day to day depending on what the jetstream is doing.

The “fan” effect on the coverage map in that area (flightaware.com/adsb/coverage#data-coverage) is because there are some common waypoints that are used, but how they are strung together into tracks varies.